Why study Zoology? Discover these top programmes
Monday, June 8, 2020
If you’re interested in studying the physiology of animals, their behaviour, and how they interact with other species and environments then a zoology course is the perfect choice for you. Zoology makes a huge impact on our world through the scientific study of the evolution, anatomy, physiology, behavior, habitats, and health of animals and humans. Discover the top programmes offered by the University of Johannesburg and Stellenbosch University.
Zoology or Animal science is the branch of biology devoted to the study of animal life. It covers areas ranging from the structure of organisms to the subcellular unit of life. Some zoologists are interested in the biology of particular groups of animals. Others are concerned with the structure and function of animal bodies. Still others study how new animals are formed and how their characteristics are passed on from one generation to another. Zoologists study the interactions of animals with one another and their environments, as well as the significance of animals’ behaviour.
- You often wonder how or why our bodies work the way they do.
- You have a strong desire to understand human or animal interactions with their environments.
- Working in a DNA lab or a human anatomy teaching lab sounds intriguing.
- You enjoy learning about cell biology, physiology and ecology.
- You want to pursue medical school, dental school or another pre-medical professional program.
University of Johannesburg
Master of Science in Zoology