South Africa is home to the highest Bungee Jumping bridge in Africa!
Tuesday, August 18, 2020
South Africa attracts many tourists from all over the world for different aspects. Some people feel attracted to South Africa because of its varied flora and fauna, others because of its multicultural and diverse lifestyle, and some because it has the tallest bridge for Bungee Jumping in South Africa and the second tallest in the world: the Bloukrans Bridge. Discover this incredible architectural construction and experience the feeling of dread.
World Records Winner
- In 2003, Bloukrans bridge was acknowledged as the highest commercial bungee bridge in the world. Even though it was later on surpassed by a bridge in the United States, this is still an amazing accomplishment. However, there is more.
- In 2008, Veronica Dean performed 19 bungee jumps in the staggering short time of 1 hour.
- The same year, Bill Boshoff performed 101 bungee jumps in a lapse of 24 hours.
- Even though Bill Boshoff’s record was subsequently surpassed, in 2011 the record was regained after Scott Huntley jumped 107 bungee jumps in 24 hours.
- In 2010, another mind-blowing record was accomplished in this very bridge: the oldest person to bungee jump. A 96 year old man, Mohr Keet, bungee jumped at Bloukrans Bridge on 10 April 2010. He was unaware that he had broken a record until after he jumped.
The bridge has been host of many famous guests: Prince Harry, Jack Osbourne, Thabo Mbeki, the Zuma family, Bobby Skinstad, Hansie Cronje, Fanie De Villiers, Kelly Slater, Andy Irons, The Amazing Race, and many more famous.